I’m so thrilled you’re considering hiring me to photograph your family.
I want to make sure that you know exactly what to expect when you work with us at Gregersen Photography. Our goal is to provide you the best photography experience, the best photography products, and of course the best customer service.
I offer several different types of photography sessions to meet your needs.
Children and Family Sessions
These are 45 minute sessions offered at Gregersen Photography Studio on Tuesdays and Thursdays 9am-4pm. $300 order minimum investment with this session. Unlimited outfits and backdrops as time allows.
***Please note the sessions include Melissa’s shooting time and talent and do not include prints, products, or printable digital files, unless indicated.***
We schedule your ordering appointment with you approximately one week after the photography session. The ordering appointment is at Gregersen Photography Studio.
**Prices subject to change at any time without notice.**
Portrait and Product Pricing
- Please note the session fee includes the shooting time, talent and use of props and accessories.
- It does not include prints, products, or printable digital files.
- We schedule your ordering appointment with you approximately one week after the photography session. The ordering appointment is at Gregersen Photography Studio.
CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO VIEW OUR PRODUCT & PRICING GUIDE
Frequently Asked Questions
We do not require our clients to purchase a package, however, they are priced at with a discount, and offer discounts on ala carte products too….so its a much better deal to purchase a package! If you choose to not order a package….you can order from our ala carte menu…we ask for a $300 order minimum. We work very hard on our photography services, and guarantee you will love your photographs!
Of course! We love to have your own props….it makes your session all the more unique to you. We love to work with your pets also, we do ask that you have another person present to take care of the pet after we are done photographing the pet. If you are planning to do an in studio session with a pet, we will need to talk through all the details on that one since we do have to have some policies and restrictions.
“Portrait Ready” retouching is done on all final images that will be printed free of charge. This includes skin softening, removal of minor acne or minor facial shine and stray hairs that are NOT going across the face. If you would like extra photoshop work done (removal of moles, scars, braces, stray hairs across the face or eyes, tan lines, under garment straps. We can also tuck in tummies and thighs minimally) Please let us know when you order. We do charge $25/image for more extensive photoshop work to be done.
We take a limited number of sessions each week. We try to schedule most sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Our evening sessions are on Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays. These sessions fill up fast due to the popularity of these time slots. To officially book a session, we ask for the session fee be paid in full to seal your date and time. We will send you an invoice through email and you can then pay by credit card to book your session on the date and time we have have agreed on. We do not book your spot by verbal agreement only…once we have the session fee, then and only then is your session officially booked. This session fee is NON-refundable. However, if you need to reschedule, we do our very best to accommodate, just remember our schedule is very tight. We do allow for two cancellations and reschedule dates, if clients have more than two cancellations there is an addition $25 fee.
Only the best! We specialize in photographic art for your home. Photographic art is more than an 8×10 in a frame. We offer gorgeous gallery wrapped canvas prints that you will treasure and hang on your walls for a lifetime. We also offer custom made gorgeous albums, unique high quality products that look fabulous displayed on a shelf or desk. We also offer custom made cards, and of course loose paper prints such as the popular wallets!
I understand that we all live in the “digital age” and how important digital files are to people….we love them too! We allow our clients to purchase digital files of the complete session. You will be given a print release to print these images at any size. We will also give you a recommendation of where to have them printed to make sure you preserve the professionally editing that was done on the images by us at the studio.
When you schedule and book your session, you will also be scheduling your View and Order Session. This ordering session is where you will see your images and then place your order at that time. We do offer an online gallery for two days prior to the View and Order Session at no extra charge. We want you to get your photographs as soon as possible. So your View and Order Session is scheduled approximately one week after your session, and then your orders are ready for pickup usually within three weeks. We understand you can not wait to see your photographic art and we work very hard to get it in your hands and on your walls fast!
We do require that you place your complete order at the view and order session. So make sure all your decision makers are present at that appointment.
Session Preparation Tips
- The most popular question I get is “what should we wear?” We suggest that families should coordinate, but not match. The easiest way to do this is to pick two main colors and then add one or two accent colors. An example would be denim and cream as the main colors and then add a touch of mint and brown. Coordinating allows everyone to to blend well together yet still have some variety in colors and style.
- Please feel free to bring snacks and drinks….modeling can be hard work for them! 🙂 I don’t mind taking breaks as needed for little ones. Non-messy snack work well such as crackers, “smarties” candy, cereal puffs, or small fruit snacks. We suggest you stay away for chocolate or suckers to avoid messy faces and stickiness. Another tip is to bring water, everyone can use water during the session and especially after the session.
- If you have a sentimental item you would like to bring to a session, please ask! I love to incorporate those items. Such as a favorite stuffed animal, blanket, or prop from home.
If you think you may be overwhelmed at the session, please bring a helper! A friend, grandma or babysitter. Someone who will help you and make your job easier to get everyone dressed and ready. If you are considering bring a dog to the session, we ask that you please bring another person to handle the dog to not interrupt your session when we are finished with photographs of your furry friend.
- Do your best to prepare the day before the session. Setting out the outfits for everyone and talk about it with your children so they know what to expect.
- Try to not over pack your schedule the day of the session. I always suggest moms to make an appointment to have their hair and makeup professionally done. You work hard and deserve a little pampering before your photography session.
If you have any specific questions about your session, I am always just a phone call or email away and happy to talk through any details.