Congrats, you’re a senior!
You are going to make so many memories this year & I’m so honored that you are interested in working with me.
If you are like most senior girls… you’ve been planning and thinking about your senior portraits for some time now. Me too, in a way! Because I SPECIALIZE in seniors. I am constantly evolving and looking for the latest and greatest ways to photography and pose YOU! I’ll guide you every step of the way with posing, clothing and accessories. Wait until you see what flattering lighting, posing and styling can do for you! Together, we will come up with a great plan for your session! We’ll laugh a lot, make some memories and call ourselves friends before this is over.
This is about you… about to head out into the world on your own. I want to capture the BEST version of you at this time in your life. My #1 goal is to bring out the beauty that’s already there within you and photograph that confidence… and we’ll have a great time doing it!
Feel free to text me or email me with any questions along the way!
We know that great photography is not cheap…anything that is of high quality is an investment. We pride ourselves in offering high quality photographic art and offering only the best products in the industry. These photographs will represent this amazing time in your life, and we want you to look back on them with joy and say…”wow I look amazing and that was so fun!”
We offer several different Sessions to meet most needs for today’s high school Senior. The session fee is for the session, the time and talent of Melissa, and a complementary watermarked images from the poses that you order as prints….we call this our digital slideshow phone app. This app is great to then allow you to show off your Senior photos on your phone, it can be shared on Facebook and to other mobile phones as well! 🙂
The session fee pricing does not include prints, digital images or albums….all are ordered separately at the view and order appointment.
This session is perfect for the guys. We find that they like to work fast and of course they want to look good, they just don’t want to spend all day doing it. So this session is up to 40 minutes long. One or two outfits at one location.
**Prices subject to change at any time without notice.**
Portrait & Product Pricing
- Please note the session fee includes the shooting time, talent and use of props and accessories.
- It does not include prints, products, or printable digital files.
- We schedule your ordering appointment with you approximately one week after the photography session. The ordering appointment is at Gregersen Photography Studio.
Frequently Asked Questions
We do not require our clients to purchase a package, however, they are priced at with a discount, and offer discounts on ala carte products too….so its a much better deal to purchase a package! If you choose to not order a package….you can order from our ala carte menu…we ask for a $300 print order minimum. We work very hard on our photography services, and guarantee you will love your photographs!
Of course! We love to have your own props….it makes your session all the more unique to you. We love to work with your pets also, we do ask that you have another person present to take care of the pet after we are done photographing the pet. If you are planning to do an in studio session with a pet, we will need to talk through all the details on that one since we do have to have some policies and restrictions.
“Portrait Ready” retouching is done on all final images that will be printed free of charge. This includes skin softening, removal of minor acne or minor facial shine and stray hairs that are NOT going across the face. If you would like extra photoshop work done (removal of moles, scars, braces, stray hairs across the face or eyes, tan lines, under garment straps. We can also tuck in tummies and thighs minimally) Please let us know when you order. We do charge $25/image for more extensive photoshop work to be done.
We take a limited number of sessions each week. We try to schedule most sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Our evening sessions are on Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays. These sessions fill up fast due to the popularity of these time slots. To officially book a session, we ask for the session fee be paid in full to seal your date and time. We will send you an invoice through email and you can then pay by credit card to book your session on the date and time we have have agreed on. We do not book your spot by verbal agreement only…once we have the session fee, then and only then is your session officially booked. This session fee is NON-refundable. However, if you need to reschedule, we do our very best to accommodate, just remember our schedule is very tight. We do allow for two cancellations and reschedule dates, if clients have more than two cancellations there is an addition $25 fee.
Only the best! We specialize in photographic art for your home. Photographic art is more than an 8×10 in a frame. We offer gorgeous gallery wrapped canvas prints that you will treasure and hang on your walls for a lifetime. We also offer custom made gorgeous albums, unique high quality products that look fabulous displayed on a shelf or desk. We also offer custom made cards, and of course loose paper prints such as the popular wallets!
I understand that we all live in the “digital age” and how important digital files are to people….we love them too! We allow our clients to purchase digital files of the complete session. You will be given a print release to print these images at any size. We will also give you a recommendation of where to have them printed to make sure you preserve the professionally editing that was done on the images by us at the studio.
When you schedule and book your session, you will also be scheduling your View and Order Session. This ordering session is where you will see your images and then place your order at that time. We do offer an online gallery for two days prior to the View and Order Session at no extra charge. We want you to get your photographs as soon as possible. So your View and Order Session is scheduled approximately one week after your session, and then your orders are ready for pickup usually within three weeks. We understand you can not wait to see your photographic art and we work very hard to get it in your hands and on your walls fast!
We do require that you place your complete order at the view and order session. So make sure all your decision makers are present at that appointment.
What to Wear
- Be you. Let your photos reflect your sense of style. If you are a glam girl, bring that…if you like to dress boho, then bring that, etc.
- Think about TEXTURE! It adds dimension and interest to photos. Lace is a winner, it can be bold color or creamy. Stiching on boots, fringe..these types of things adds texture.
- Add LAYERS! Layering adds depth and dimension. Think cable knit sweaters, boot socks, scarves, cardigans, belt, jewelry …all layers.
- COLOR! Bring at least one outfit that has a pop of color.
- Mix it up! Select clothing that ranges from casual to as dressy as you’d like to be. That way you have variety in your portraits.
- ACCESSORIES! They are the finishing polish to a look. Plan your jewelry per outfit, and hang it WITH each outfit.If in doubt, bring it and we can decide at the session.
- PROPS! If there is something special you would like to bring that makes you…YOU. BRING IT!!
What Not to Wear
- Anything with too much white. It is hard to photograph digitally and keeps your skin tone from looking tan.
- Avoid things that are very short as they are hard to have you sit in.
- Anything tight fitting that accentuates a problem area.
- Avoid sleevless if you are self conscious of your arms.
- Try to steer clear of bringing the same color or exact style over & over, in order to have variety.
- Be conscious of a low scoop neck so we do not show too much cleavage when leaning.
- Blousy, swing dresses are so cute in person and a current trend, but they are sometimes not the best at showing your figure and shape.
- If you have questions about an outfit, just reach out we are happy to help!
Professional Hair & Makeup
There are so many reasons to go Pro…
Professional make up application ensures that you will have a flawless complexion throughout your entire session AND it takes the stress off of you from hoping you have a good hair and make up day! Even if you want a natural look, make up makes that happen in front of the camera. The camera takes away eye lashes and can make one look pale, having professional make up honestly makes your photographs all the better!
While it’s not a requirement, I HIGHLY recommend you have your make up and hair professionally done. If you need a recommendation, please let us know, we are happy to help!